D’s Salon is a high end Salon located at Chester House on Koinange Street. Our clientele is keen on quality and professional hair and beauty services and hence our customer retention rate is unmatched in this market.
We are looking for a Salon Receptionist to act as the first point of contact for customers who visit our salon or contact us to learn about our hair and beauty services.
The major duties, tasks and responsibilities that the receptionist will perform are as follows:
• Greet clients as they step into the salon; take their inquiries and make them feel comfortable while they wait to be attended to; and schedule appointments for clients with hair stylists.
• Offer clients some refreshments or facilitate it as they wait for their turn to be attended to, and offer them magazines to read.
• Answer the telephone and attend to inquiries made over the phone, and also make bookings for clients.
• Be very knowledgeable about various hair care products and give clients useful advice about the products if they seek your opinion.
• Inform clients about new services and discounts and cross-sell services and products when appropriate (e.g. through informative brochures and gift cards).
• Check products in the salon to ensure that they are not out of stock, and inform management of products in shortage in order for them to place orders for more supplies.
• Create and send out reminder messages such as texts and emails to the salon clients, reminding them of their bookings and appointments just in case they have forgotten.
• Keep records of client payment/billings for services rendered in the salon and maintain a roster for staff and stylists. Also update client records with contact and billing details, appointments and services offered.
• Proven work experience as a Salon Receptionist, front Desk Representative or similar role.
• Hands-on experience with office equipment, like printers and POS systems.
• Familiarity with processing transactions.
• Excellent communication abilities (verbal, phone and email) with a customer service attitude.
• Solid organization and record-keeping skills.
• An ability to remain calm under stressful circumstances.
• At least a certificate in Front office management. Extra qualifications will be an added advantage.
To be successful in this role, you should be highly organized and able to manage clients with grace, even during peak demand.
To apply send a copy of your resume and certificates to abnerfundiatgmail.com by 20th March 2018. For any inquiries, please call Abner Fundi-0787763117.
Published: Mar 13, 2018