Successful candidate will be required to:
1. Create reasonably budgeted a la carte menus for small (15 pax or less) and buffet menus for large parties (20 to 100 pax). All menus must be accompanied by corresponding recipes.
2. Price items on menus and control food costs.
3. Occasionally create sample menus for tasting on request by employer, while providing cost and proposed menu price.
4. Implement and maintain HACCP standards.
5. Direct and coordinate junior staff in food or beverage preparation.
6. Investigate customer complaints relating to F&B department and ensure customer satisfaction levels are maintained at a high level.
7. Modify work procedures or processes to meet deadlines.
8. Manage duty rosters for kitchen staff in conjunction with management.
9. Prepare and present reports on stock levels and kitchen inventories.
10. Prepare purchase requisitions for kitchen stock.
11. Inspect kitchens, pantries and any other work facilities or equipment for regulatory compliance.
12. Oversee work progress to verify safety or conformance to standards.
13. Ensure high standards of food presentation techniques.
1. Creative and Dynamic – The successful applicant must be able to put his/her own stamp on continental dishes and create new combinations. They will be required to create new dishes easily and constantly experiment with new flavors. They should have a passion for using fresh ingredients.
2. Teamwork – Must be able to manage junior staff, delegate responsibility and work closely with others.
3. Flexibility – The chef needs to be prepared to work flexible shifts due to the dynamic nature of the job.
4. Organization – Should be able to bring all the elements of a meal together quickly and elegantly within reasonable time. Must be able to plan ahead and consistently produce high quality food while referencing standardized recipes.