The IELTS Speaking Exam
In this part you have to speak for 1-2 minutes about a topic.
Look at the topic below for one minute. You may make notes if you wish
Talk about yourself having a healthy lifestyle.
• What stops you from having a healthy lifestyle?
• What are the disadvantages of not having a healthy lifestyle?
• What can you do in order to have a healthier lifestyle?
About the IELTS Listening test
• You will listen to 4 different recordings and answer 40 questions.
• The test takes approximately 30 minutes. You will have an additional ten minutes to transfer your answers to an answer sheet
• You only hear the audio once.
• A variety of voices and native-speaker accents are used.
• You will hear conversations and monologues, with topics ranging from the everyday social to the academic.
• A variety of question types are used, including multiple choice, form completion, note completion, summary completion, sentence completion, and short-answer questions.
• Candidates for IELTS Academic and IELTS General both do the same listening test
• Read the instructions and questions carefully before you listen.
• Try to get an idea of the situation. Who are the speakers? Where are they? Why are they speaking?
• Remember, you will only hear the audio once. You will need to read, write and listen all at the same time.
• Listen for 'signpost words' such as however, although and finally. They help you to anticipate what the speaker will say.
The TOEFL® paper-based Test (PBT) is available in limited areas. Scores are valid for two years after the test date, and test takers can have their scores sent to institutions or face time.
1. Listening (30 – 40 minutes)
The Listening section consists of 3 parts. The first one contains 30 questions about short conversations. The second part has 8 questions about longer conversations. The last part asks 12 questions about lectures or talks.
2. Structure and Written Expression (25 minutes)
The Structure and Written Expression section has 15 exercises of completing sentences correctly and 25 exercises of identifying errors.
3. Reading Comprehension (55 minutes)
The Reading Comprehension sections has 50 questions about reading passages.
4. Writing (30 minutes)
The TOEFL PBT administrations include a writing test called the Test of Written English (TWE). This is one essay question with 250–300 words in average.